Posted 8/30/23: The Roanoke Rambler, a local online news site in Roanoke, Va. is seeking a director of revenue.
This person will spearhead the publication’s sponsorship and advertising program by meeting aggressive sales targets. This person will also work with the publication’s founder and publisher to increase recurring donations from readers.
We are looking to fill this position soon, so please apply early. While we don’t have a physical office, the candidate should live in, or be willing to locate to, the Roanoke Valley.
The successful applicant will be a driven, creative and innovative thinker who does not limit themselves to achieving the ambitious revenue goals that must be met as a condition of employment. The ideal candidate will also come up with their own ideas for revenue generation and be committed to The Rambler, its mission and its long-term success.
Required experience and attributes:
- Demonstrated ability securing new advertising accounts for a local media outlet
- Proven success and a history of overachievement, with existing local contacts highly desirable
- Dynamic, extroverted leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills and strong negotiations skills, with the ability to effectively communicate the message of community news and make a compelling case for sponsorship commitment to The Rambler
- Ability to work independently and alongside the founder
- Comfortable in a digital-only, entrepreneurial environment
While outside funding for this position is guaranteed for a year, the person who succeeds in this position will be eligible for continued employment. This job is full-time and has the following benefits:
- Voluntary medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- Paid holidays and generous PTO
- A $50-a-month cell phone stipend
- Remote working flexibility
Compensation: $55,000 - $65,000 DOE
- One-page resume, including highlights of your sales achievements
- One-page letter describing why you’re the best person for the job
- Three references
Send to email@example.com with the subject line DIRECTOR OF REVENUE
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital/family/parental status, political beliefs, union involvement or any other condition or status protected under the law.